Compensable Injuries After a Bus Accident
Buses are a convenient mode of transportation for many. Buses take children to and from school and city-run buses provide individuals with no vehicle a way to travel around. Unfortunately, buses do engage in accidents just like other vehicles do and it leaves the victims suffering from serious injuries.
Some of the most common types of bus accident injuries include:
- Injuries to the head and neck– One of the more severe types of injuries a bus accident victim might suffer from is a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Some suffer from serious TBI’s while others suffer from a mild condition. Either way, this injury can affect your ability to think, react, and live.
- Injuries to the spinal cord– A spinal cord injury “often causes changes in strength, sensation, and other body functions below the site of the injury [Source: Mayo Clinic].
- Broken bones– Bus accidents are often serious and leave individuals suffering from broken or fractured bones. While some broken bones are able to heal, sometimes, a victim who suffers from this type of injury doesn’t regain the same control of that part of the body they once had prior to the accident. Because this injury now affects your way of life, it is something you want to consider including in the damages you attempt to claim if you file a personal injury lawsuit.
The injuries mentioned above are only some you may be able to seek compensation for after being the victim of a bus accident that occurred in San Diego. However, to truly become aware of what you might be entitled to collect, it is best you consult with a bus collision attorney in San Diego.
Who can I hold responsible if my child was injured in a school bus accident?
School bus accidents are handled in a different manner than accidents involving city buses. While your best bet is to consult with a school bus accident attorney in San Diego to determine who the liable party(s) are, there is a good chance that the school district where your child currently attends school may be held responsible for the accident occurring. If you are a resident of San Diego or your child was involved in an accident in San Diego, the school district you may want to contact is:
4100 Normal Street
San Diego, CA 92103
Someone here may be able to supply you with more information regarding your child’s recent school bus accident. They may even be able to explain how you can go about filing a claim against the district to recoup the funds you spent on the medical treatment provided to your child.
Contacting the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System
If you sustained an injury on an MTS bus in San Diego, you may be able to receive some helpful information by calling 619-238-0100. The mailing address for MTS is also provided below for you.
1255 Imperial Avenue
San Diego, CA 9210
After being involved in a bus accident, it is likely you have several different questions and the school district or MTS may not be able to provide you with the in-depth answers you are seeking. Therefore, to ensure that your accident is handled with the care it requires, contact us here at USAttorneys.com first.
Our bus accident lawyers in San Diego have dealt with cases similar to yours and understand what it is going to take to hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries. Call us now to speak with an agent.
- Sheriff’s Deputy in Florida Uses Stun Gun on 70 Year Old Woman - May 5, 2020
- How Do Bus Accident Attorneys Help Victims of Bus Collisions? - January 10, 2020
- Mini Coach Bus Accident Attorney Explains Who You Can Sue if Injured in a Bus Collision - January 10, 2020