Involved in a Bus Accident in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania?
We Can Help You Find and Retain Quality Legal Counsel
Bus accidents can happen at a moment’s notice and for numerous reasons especially when you live in Philadelphia, the most populous city in Pennsylvania. Following a collision, many victims choose to retain legal counsel in hopes of recovering compensation and obtaining justice. They may breathe a sigh of relief thinking that their case will be in good hands. However, not all lawyers are a good fit for a bus collision lawsuit, and they may actually end up doing more harm than good on a case.
If you or someone you love was involved in a bus accident in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, turn to USAttorneys.com. Our site is designed to make it quick and easy to connect with a knowledgeable Philadelphia bus accident lawyer who will commit themselves to your case and to your individual needs. Each of our featured attorneys has represented a wide range of bus crash cases and will work diligently to secure the most favorable outcome for yours. To learn more about the bus accident lawyers practicing in your area, simply browse our site and you’ll find detailed facts that will help you make your decision, such as each lawyer’s background, years in practice, accolades, and more. Once you find a lawyer you’d like to work with, just give them a call directly or fill out our convenient contact form and one of our agents will personally reach out to you and discuss your options.
Types of Cases an Experienced Philadelphia Bus Accident Law Firm Can Help You With
If you have suffered an injury following a bus accident in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or lost a loved one and are attempting to file a bus crash lawsuit, our featured city bus accident law firms are ready and waiting to take on your case. The firms featured on our site have years of experience protecting the rights of those who have been involved in a wide variety of bus accident cases, such as any of the following:
- Bus driver negligence
- Bus driver intoxication
- Bus driver inexperience
- Faulty vehicle equipment
- Mechanical malfunctions
- Vehicles that have failed safety inspections
- Other motorists
- Roadway hazards
Contact a Skilled Philadelphia, Pennsylvania School Bus Accident Lawyer or City Bus Accident Attorney Now
Time is of the essence when attempting to file a bus accident claim in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The longer you wait, the more you’re at risk to have your case denied. To ensure you don’t run out of time, start searching for a bus accident lawyer today with the help of our site. There are several local bus accident attorneys who are available to assist you right now, including city bus accident law firms and school bus law firms, all of which have successful litigated transportation cases.
Contact one of our featured Philadelphia school bus law firms or city bus accident law firms today to schedule a free consultation and get started on your claim as soon as possible.
When can I be held liable for causing a school bus accident?
A motorist may be held liable for contributing to the occurrence of a school bus accident when:
- They fail to adhere to the school bus safety rules which include the School Bus Stopping Law.
- The motorist was engaging in an illegal act such as driving while intoxicated.
- The driver was engaging in negligent or reckless behavior which contributed to the accident occurring.
If you have been found guilty of causing a school bus accident, you may want to become aware of the repercussions you might face given you broke one or more traffic laws or one of the school bus safety rules. The Philadelphia, PA bus accident lawyers USAttorneys.com can connect you with are qualified and capable of explaining what your consequences may be based on how the accident transpire and what role you had in it.
What is Pennsylvania’s School Bus Stopping Law?
Pennsylvania’s School Bus Stopping Law identifies specific laws that motorists are required to abide by to keep those riding on the bus safe and to help prevent an accident from occurring. The laws you are required to abide by are listed below:
- If you meet or overtake a stopped bus with red signals flashing and it’s stop arms extended, you must stop.
- If you approach an intersection where a school bus is stopped with red signals flashing and stop arms extended, you are required to stop.
- You are required to stop your vehicle at least 10 feet away from the school bus.
- You are required to wait before proceeding on past a bus until the red lights have stopped flashing and the stop arms have been withdrawn.
- Do not move your vehicle until all the children getting on or off have reached a safe place.
[Source: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation].
These laws are expected to protect the children who are riding on the bus as well as those getting on and off of the bus.
What penalties might I face if I violate Pennsylvania ‘s School Bus Stopping Law and cause an accident?
Some of the consequences you will likely face include:
- 60-day driver’s license suspension
- Five points added to your driving record
- $250.00 fine
- Potentially being sued if the accident you caused resulted in injuries to those riding on the bus
Every year, children all across the state of PA are injured and even killed because of a driver who wasn’t paying attention or adhering to the laws that are enforced to protect children who ride the bus.
Therefore, if the school district or another party is trying to hold you liable for a recent bus accident that occurred in Philadelphia, consider hiring a Philadelphia school bus accident lawyer through USAttorneys.com. Everyone has rights in an accident and everyone has their own side to a story. It is the duty of our bus collision attorneys to determine whether you contributed to causing the accident and what consequences are justifiable for you to serve.
To find a school bus accident lawyer in your area now, call us up so an agent can begin assisting you.
- Sheriff’s Deputy in Florida Uses Stun Gun on 70 Year Old Woman - May 5, 2020
- How Do Bus Accident Attorneys Help Victims of Bus Collisions? - January 10, 2020
- Mini Coach Bus Accident Attorney Explains Who You Can Sue if Injured in a Bus Collision - January 10, 2020