Retain an Experienced School Bus Accident Lawyer Now
A bus crash can occur in a matter of seconds, just as any vehicular accident can. Unfortunately, once those second pass, many lives are significantly impacted. Many bus accidents lead to injured victims, damaged property, and lives lost. If you or someone you love was involved in a bus accident, you may be entitled to compensation, especially if the incident was caused by another person’s negligent actions on the road. In order to accomplish this, you must first procure a reliable and trustworthy bus crash lawyer who will fight on your behalf and protect the rights you hold as a bus accident injury victim. This is where we come into the picture. USAttorneys.com offers free assistance as well as online features to help get you paired up with an acclaimed injury lawyers or law firm that is nearby to you and worthy of taking on your bus accident claim. Every accident lawyer featured on our site possesses the skill, knowledge, and commitment it takes to build a strong client-attorney relationship which only works to your benefit as you are reassured your case is being handled in the delicate manner that it should be.
To find a bus accident lawyer or attorney in your area, simply click on the interactive map above. Information on each practicing lawyer’s background, past case history, and firm are available for you to review. If you wish to learn more about the bus accident law firms featured on our website, you can fill out our convenient contact information form where one of our representatives will reach out to your shortly.
During this trying time, you deserve nothing bus the best to serve you and help get you the compensation you truly are entitled to receive.
Common Bus Accident Injuries
Although many bus crashes do result in injuries, not always are they life-threatening. There are many types of injuries a person can suffer from after engaging in a bus accident of which some include:
- Neck or Back Injuries
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Limb Loss
- Brain Trauma
- Memory Loss
- Deep Cuts
Unfortunately, even if your injuries aren’t life-threatening, they can take a toll on you as well as your family, and for this, justice is to be served. Many times individuals who were involved in such a traumatic experience suffer from emotional distress along with the physical pain that may have been brought on.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the bus accident, you could be eligible to receive compensation to cover numerous amounts of damages you incurred. These include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages if you were unable to work
- Pain and suffering
- Lost life for a loved one that was wrongfully killed
The sooner you file a bus accident claim, the closer you become to obtaining justice for your injuries or losses. Speak with some of the featured bus accident attorneys today and decide who is most suitable to take on your bus accident case.
There are a number of different reasons why bus accidents can happen. Maybe there was a car in the bus driver’s blind spot, or perhaps faulty brakes are to blame. Regardless of the cause, it doesn’t make getting into a bus accident any less stressful.
For that reason, the school bus accident lawyers at USAttorneys.com are here to help you navigate the legal process that comes along with pursuing compensation you may be rightfully entitled to for injuries sustained in a bus accident.
In order to help put your mind at ease during this understandably stressful time, here are the answers to questions many of you are asking after getting into a bus accident.
How do bus accidents happen?
Despite the fact that buses are generally being thought of as a trustworthy mode of transportation, bus accidents still happen. Common causes of bus accidents include:
- Distracted drivers.
- Drivers operating vehicles while under the influence of either drugs, alcohol, or both.
- Failure to adhere to traffic laws.
- Failure to properly maintain buses.
- Overloaded buses.
- Overly exhausted bus drivers.
- Poorly trained bus drivers.
All of the above causes of bus accidents point toward negligence of the bus driver or their employer. If you believe your bus accident was a result of any of the aforementioned, then you need to consult with an accident lawyer in order to determine what damages you may be able to recover.
Who are the potential liable parties in a bus accident?
When it comes to bus accidents, potential liable parties can include:
- A negligent third party.
- The bus driver.
- The city or town where the bus accident occurred.
- The company who is overseeing the bus maintenance.
- The manufacturer of the bus or any of the bus parts.
How do you prove negligence in a bus accident?
When it comes to bus accidents, negligence is an extremely important component of any case. Otherwise known as the failure to behave responsibility in a given situation, bus accident attorneys generally focus on negligence when first delving into the inner workings of a case.
One of the reasons for this is due to the fact that bus drivers are responsible for the safety of the bus riders, they are oftentimes held to a much higher standard and level of accountability than other motorists. This may ultimately help make proving negligence that much easier for your school bus accident lawyer.
When building your case, your bus accident attorney will collect any and all evidence that demonstrates how the other party behaved in an irresponsible manner. This evidence will then be used to show your insurance company how you were not responsible for the bus accident, and how you are entitled to recover compensation.
What does the term “product liability” mean in a bus accident lawsuit?
Another facet of the legal process that a bus accident attorney can help you navigate is the concept of “product liability.” This ultimately means that if either your car or the other car involved in the crash had a defect that contributed to causing the bus accident, then you may qualify to file a lawsuit for product liability against the manufacturer.
In order to prove that the product liability did in fact exist and cause you to get into a crash, your accident lawyer will conduct an investigation on your behalf in order to confirm whether or not any of the vehicles involved in the collision had any type of defect.
If a defective part is discovered, then your bus accident attorney will work with experts to show how the bus was being operated per usual, the performance of the bus had not changed since it was first purchased, and that the defective part or bus was considered unreasonably dangerous. Examples of product liability claims include defective accelerators, brakes, fuel systems, seats, tires, and windows.
What compensation can be recovered from a bus accident?
If you suffered injuries from the crash, then a school bus accident lawyer may be able to help you recover the following compensation:
- Medical Expenses: Including past and present medical expenses, fees can range anywhere from visits to the emergency room, hospital care, surgery, physical therapy sessions, etc.
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work as a result of a bus accident, then you may be entitled to recover compensation for any wages you would have earned had the crash never happened. Even if you were unemployed at the time of the collision, a bus accident lawyer may be able to help you collect lost wages if you are able to prove earning potential during this time period.
- Pain and Suffering: If you have physical pain and suffering as a result of getting into a bus accident, then you may be entitled to collect compensation. Factors taken into account when determining the total judgment amount include the extent of the pain, the type of injury, and how long the victim is estimated to suffer.
- Wrongful Death: If a loved one was wrongfully killed in a bus accident, then you may qualify to collect compensation by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Most wrongful death lawsuits are put forth under the idea of product liability or negligence. If malicious or willful behavior played a part in the death of your loved one, then you may be able to further pursue punitive damages; this will both punish the party who is liable, as well as prevent any future similar behavior.
Why do I need a bus accident attorney?
While there are a number of different parties who could be held liable for a bus accident, this also means that the process of filing a lawsuit may not be that straightforward. Specifically, if a bus driver caused the collision, then a bus accident lawyer can help negotiate a settlement with the government’s insurance company, granted it is owned and run by the government. If your claim is denied, then there is a chance you may have to file directly against the government itself. For situations like these, enlisting the help of an experienced bus accident lawyer is extremely important. Without it, you run the risk of jeopardizing the amount of compensation you receive and leaving money on the table.
Also, many states have specific deadlines for both filing a lawsuit and collecting damages for any injuries that were sustained in a school bus accident. If you fail to enlist the help of a accident lawyer, then you run the risk of missing one of these important deadlines.
A bus accident attorney will work to make your life easier by:
- Dealing with correspondence between the other party and their insurance parties.
- Going over police and accident reports.
- Interviewing other passengers and witnesses.
- Recreating accident scenes with experts.
- Reviewing medical reports.
- Taking photos of injuries you sustained and of the scene of the accident.
Stop waiting and start taking steps toward recovering damages you may be rightfully entitled to. If you suffered injuries as a passenger on a bus involved in a crash, learn more today about how the bus accident law firms at USAttorneys.com may be able to help you.